Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 14 into retirement

MORNING
Two weeks have passed and time flies really fast. Did some self reflection and soul searching. The past few days back in my home town Jenjarom, Malaysia were crucial to re-connect with love ones and with my own internal self. To re-align my value system and what is important to me.

My core character and value system (some of those things that I feel/think/do automatically even without much thinking, in the subconscious mind) were very much tied into my childhood days in those places.

With better clarity and awareness of this, will well prepare me for my next phase of life I hope..... the 2nd Half-Life (or half-time?). Still have not read this book that SuiLeng recommended. Need to go find it.

"The first half of life is a quest for success, the second is a quest for significance." - by Bob Buford








AFTERNOON
Went to run together with my regular running group ---> the AMK Hot-Runners. Felt great to be back in action with the running group again after a 2 weeks break (since the Break-away run they held for me). They are a bunch of energetic, fun loving and capable people.

Run for Health, Run for Fun, Run for Life.

http://hot-runners.blogspot.com/


EVENING

Felt very good after the run..... felt great to acclimatize back into my regular routines here in Singaproe again.

No comments: