Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Running with ex-colleagues

Went for the regular weekly run with 10 of my ex-colleagues at the Upper Pierce Reservoir area.

Janto and myself were pacing each other. He was ahead of me most of the time and I had a hard time trying to catch up with him.

Did about 6.5km run today.

For those speed with high spikes (about 15kmph), those are the time when I was running down the slopes.

During the return journey (near the end of the chart) the speed chart has 2 downward spikes (about 5kmph) which I was walking during the upslope.... was getting tired.

After the 6km run, I ran closely behind CS Chan on the 300m bridge to-and-fro. He was running quite fast on the return 300m and I followed very closely. It was a good extra 600m run at the end.

Was quite glad to note that my heart rate recovered very fast from 170bpm to close to 130bpm within a minute. The faster the heart is able to recover the heart-rate, the better it is.

Am glad that 8 of my colleagues have gone ahead and ordered the same Garmin heart-rate, speed and distance monitoring watch that I am using. They are trying to improve their runs. Great !

No comments: