Monday, May 10, 2010

Did a 5.6km in the gym

Was not too happy with my physical state after last Thursday 5.6km JP Morgan event. Was totally exhausted and nearly breathless at the end of the run.

Decided to get back into my normal running routine of at least 2 to 3 runs per week to stay fit and healthy. To keep the motivation going, have signed up last week for the SAFRA 21km Marina Bay Run 12-Sep-2010. That will motivate me to continue with my regular running routines.

Went to SCC gym to run on the treadmill. Completed 5.6km in about 32:xx minutes about the same time during my JP Morgan run last Thursday.
Started slow on the treadmill at 9km/hr. Then gradually increased it to 9.5, 10.0, 10.5 then to 11.0km. For the final 1km, was running at a constant speed of 12.0km/hr. Did not feel tired after the run and was happy with it.

Did not bring my Garmin monitoring watch with me today, so no data recorded.

After the run , went for a slow swim for about 20 minutes.

No comments: