Saturday, December 13, 2008

Running with my Family

Today my wife and daughter joined me for a run together at a nearby park..... I was so glad. This is the first time that we ran together.
The park circuit is 300m per round. We went running for one round and followed by walking one round. Repeated this circuit for 3 times. Was running slow to get them started. Wife running infront and me and daughter followed behind.
Was impressed by wife running style . She ran and landed on the "ball" front of the feet consistently, like Dr.Nicholas Romanov the founder of "Pose Method of Running". Wow. She has definitely has the potential to join me for future 10km quarter marathon run or farther.
My daughter was doing great too since she hardly run in the past. She was running like a "dancing elephant!" When she was a toddler, she used to run around the home a lot and in shopping malls. I have always thought she will grow up to be a great competitive runner.
Will continue to motivate them to run... will be a good exercise for them on weight control.
Three of us completed together about 1.98km with a
n average speed of 4.9km/hr, a good beginning.

They went home and I continue running for another 3.2km. Tried running at a higher speed than my normal average. Was trying to keep running speed between 11 to 12 km/hr. Achieved average speed of 11.1km/hr. Surprised to notice that the heart rate was hovering mostly in Zone 3 only which means I could have work the body harder. My typical running and training HR is in Zone 4 (80% to 90% of max heart rate). My max heart rate is estimated to be about 185 bpm and resting rate is at 68 bpm.

Took a slow walk after the run and checked time taken for my heart rate to go down to 120 bpm. It took about 2:45 minutes. A good runner should be around 1 to 2 minutes.

No comments: