Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ching Ming Tomb Cleaning Day

All my 3 brothers and myself woke up early today before sunrise and drive to the grave yard at Bukit Cheeding to clean up our father's tomb. It is Ching Ming, a Chinese traditional day for tomb cleaning.

Have done this before for my grandpa and grandma. But this is the first time I am doing this for my Dad's. I thought it has been about three year since my dad passed away, but just realized that it is already eight years (since 2001) !!

Look how long the grass has grew over a year. Whole place (above the soil area) looks messy. But the cement and granite area looks great. The gold color labelings over the granite area did not show any sign of fading. The method and technology used seems very robust.

Pulling out and digging up all the grass. Saw a lot of ants, insects and some funny looking insects running all over the place.

Cleaning up the tomb area.

Tomb number marked.

For our dialet group the decease's wife and daughters are not allow to go.

Early in the morning, sun just rising.

Putting a new layer of good fertilized soil.

Putting a new layer of good quality cow-grass over the tomb.

Cleaning up and washing the tomb area.

Scattering of colored papers over the tomb (do not know the significant of this... will find out).

My 2nd brother offering prayers.

Me with the OK Lah t-shirt. Prayer for good health, happiness and success for the whole family.

Packing off to leave.

No comments: