Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day 2 into retirement

Will try to blog the first 10 days on Life into Retirement.

Day 2. Wife dropped me off at Yio Chu Kang MRT by 9am. Took the subway train and arrive Changi airport within about an hour. Along the way have to change train at City Hall to go east and then at Tanah Merah to go to Changi airport. Train arrived at Changi airport Terminal 2. Took the free shuttle bus from T2 to the Low Cost Carriers Terminal (LCCT). Arrived LCCT at 10:15am.

Booked the Tiger Airway one-way air-ticket few days ago for KL, cost only S$25 all-in and another $5 for insurance which I later felt unneccesary. Really cheap. Flight was at 12:15pm. The airline adviced to be at airport 2 hours before flight time. Found that it is a total waste of time. One hour before flight time will be more than enough. Fortunately I brought along one of my wife books ("Jungle" by Yossi) to read.

Found a very meaningful quote from the book and SMS to some friends.

"When work is a labor of true love laced with a sense of calling, we cease to work and become purposeful." by Yossi.

I found this to reflect very closely to what I am looking for at this critical juncture of my life. Must get and read the book "Half Time" recommended by my ex-colleague SuiLeng.

My 4th brother-in-law picked me up from the airport and I reached my mom's home around 2pm. Was glad to meet my mom again, she looked much older and weak as compared to the last time I met her. Spent the remaining of the day interacting and catching up with my mom and relatives.

Spent quite a far bit of time trying to fix and setup the wireless internet access in my younger brother's house.

No comments: